- This is a project for educational purposes, therefore privacy is taken very seriously. As a Brazilian initiative, with regard to privacy, we are governed by the LGPD (General Data Protection Law), which is basically a copy of the European GDPR (General Data Privacy Regulation). Because they are some of the strictest laws in the world, we can say that we are in line with the privacy rules of the vast majority, if not all, of the countries in the world.
we follow the following rules.
- The OpenPBL.org site does not collect personal data from visitors, it only deposits cookies on their computing devices. But everyone is warned about it and continues access with consent.
- All names of persons that appear on the site have been published with the prior consent of the respective name holder.
- The OpenPBL application collects the minimum personal data necessary for the legitimate functioning of the platform: first name, last name, email, photo (optional), phone (optional).
- Users' personal data are not shared with third parties that are not essential for using the application, such as, but not limited to, the datacenter where the application runs, information technology professionals who handle the data. However, none of them is authorized to make use that is not legitimate for the fulfillment of their attributions in relation to the OpenPBL project.
- Infrastructure and service providers are ISO 27701 certified, which indicates a high commitment with respect to Brazilian legislation governing data privacy.
- We use personal data only for purposes that are legitimate for the fulfillment of actions related to the use of the OpenPBL application, this includes sending emails to part or all of the platform users motivated by operational needs, such as important notices, targeted communication, sending recovery of password, account activation email, or similar.
- We do not use personal data to promote third party products or services.
- Each user can always, at any time, know which personal data belonging to him is in our possession. Just access the registration area, which will already contain all the personal data you own.
- Each user can, at any time, cancel his account. Your data will be permanently erased with a delay of up to 30 days, as this is the time we have for verification of repentance and, occasionally, if there has not been any legal violation that requires the preservation of data promoted by court order.
- Users who are professors, in the position of controllers and operators of the personal data of those users who place themselves as their respective students, become responsible for any act or omission that may violate current privacy legislation, whether the Brazilian LGPD, the European GDPR , or equivalent. We cannot be held responsible for the acts and omissions of professors in relation to their students' personal data, nor in the form of joint and several liability.
- If a teacher demonstrates that he was responsible for violating the privacy of any student using the OpenPBL app, he may have his account banned from the platform.
- Any communication necessary to be made about data privacy, must be done through the contact form present at the bottom of the OpenPBL.org website, whose link is called "Contact us".
we follow the following rules.